Monday, 27 November 2017

Christmas Things With Wings - CD Sunday


I've made this card for the CD Sunday Challenge which this time is Christmas things with wings.

I used the Christmas in Moonbeam Meadow cd rom from Crafters Companion. The centre image on my card is as the topper comes on the cdrom, so I just printed it out and added some glitter and clear sparkle on the angel wings.

I mounted the image onto a TL die cut from silver mirri and then embossed the base card with a music folder from Crafters Companion. Finally I added a little blue ink to the embossed background. I actually used a brush with some ink left on it as I wanted a subtle touch of ink.

10 comments:

Viv's Visuals said...

This is lovely - the embossed background is a great idea Lyn - I have some LOTV pre coloured images that I get bored just trying to match up with papers so will try this!

Jane Willis said...

Very beautiful, I love the all-over embossing of the background with that subtle hint of colour. Thank you for sharing at CD Sundays
Jane

brenda said...

Isn't that a beautiful image Lynn, suitable for young and old alike.

B x

Wynn Walton said...

Great card Linby and some great ideas as usual from you. I love the embossed folder and might just invest in it. Adding a trace of colour is inspirational. Thank you for sharing it with us at CD Sunday Wynn DT

Pamela said...

I love the techniques you've used Linby. Will have to try the brushing of inks on embossing - I like the subtle effect. I also love that TL die you've used for the mat. Thanks for joining in again.
Pamela
CD Sunday DT.

meg said...

Beautiful topper and card , love the delicate inking on the embossed background. Meg CD Sunday xx

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely card, beautiful image and I like the embossed background
Thank you for joining us
Margaret
CD Sunday DT

Jocelyn said...

This is really lovely and the white embossed card is a great background to such a pretty image.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

Barb said...

A lovely card Lynne. The embossed background looks lovely. Barbxx

Carol said...

A beautiful card Lynn. Like Pamela I love the idea of just washing the ink over the embossed background.
Thank you for your continued support.
Carol xx
CD Sunday DT