Tuesday, 31 October 2017

When Autumn Leaves Start to Fall @ CD Sunday


I made a card for the last CD Sunday challenge here on which I featured leaves. So I think I peaked too soon with the leaves! I had a look through my cdroms and decided on this image from A Touch of Elegance cdrom as it has some leaves falling.

I then got out some snippets that I had saved from a workshop at this time of year - last year! I had saved these die cut leaves as I don't have this die and the coordinating snippets of paper. The base card is some embossed Hunkydory card from my stash - but again a snippet.

Finally I used the Phill Martin Scribbled dies to add the sentiment. I thought "Birthday Greetings" went well with the image as it is a little more olde worlde way of saying Happy Birthday.

I'm entering this card into the CD Sunday challenge "When Autumn Leaves Start to Fall" and also the Snippet Playground. I have no more of these snippets left now - I decided I'd kept them long enough and they were really down to scraps!

12 comments:

Wynn Walton said...

What a great card and fab image Linby.....perfect for our challenge at CD Sunday. Thank you for sharing it with us Wynn DT

Jane Willis said...

A lovely card with a beautiful image and great use of snippets. Thanks for sharing at CD Sundays.
Jane

Di said...

Wow Lynn! What a fabulous card - love the image and all those Autumn leaves are brilliant! Super use of snippets of course.

Hugs

Di xx

brenda said...

This is a stunner Lynn, loving the vibrant colours and of course that lovely image.

B x

Jocelyn said...

One of my favourite CDs and you have picked a lovely image. I love all those die cut leaves. Thank you for sharing with us.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely image for the challenge, and beautiful card.
Thank you for joining us
Margaret
CD Sunday DT

Daffodil Cards said...

A Gorgeous card and love the elegant lady on her Autumn walk, Lurve those leaves too.
Faith
x

Pamela said...

Great card Linby - I love all the various colours you've used. Well done on using up some scraps.
Pamela
CD Sunday DT.

Barb said...

A stunning card Lynn. A lovely image and great use of your snippets of paper. Barbxx

Carol said...

I love this. It has a super feel about it. Beautifully constructed.
Thank you for joining us.
Carol xx
CD Sunday DT

meg said...

love the warm colours of the leaves, the image is a perfect interpretation of autumn weather. Meg xx

Seafield Jo said...

I love your card. I have this cd and don't use it nearly enough. Your card looks great with the addition of the die cuts.

Jo x